Saturday, May 28, 2022

I’m really getting up here on this soapbox 

That’s what this journal is today anyway 

A soapbox 

My journal is my soapbox 

When I can’t get up here it’s not 

Bc I can’t write 

But 

Bc I can’t talk 

And that’s exactly what it means when I can’t write 

Damn 

It’s crazy how you have to prove yourself 

What you have to do to do that 

What you have to do to prove yourself as a copywriter when you’re me 

How you have to be in-house as the only copywriter at a company who hasn’t any idea what that process takes other than the experiences they’ve had w past copywriters 

Which says nothing 

Bc they were probably giving them the same shit 

It’s hella hard 

And they have no idea what it’s like to be the only in-house copywriter on a team of product managers 

And graphic designers 

It’s hella fucked 

But it’s also comforting in a way 

Bc that should tell you how much their words mean when it comes to their opinions of your work 

And where you are as a copywriter 

Bc they don’t have any idea 

If they think you’re the worst copywriter they ever had no shit 

You told them that’s what hiring you would mean based on your past experience like for how quote unquote bad this is going this is the best experience I’ve ever had as a copywriter 

Idk if they realize that 

How much more this is benefitting me atm than it is them 

So basically take every opinion of your copy 

And work ethic as a copywriter from them w a grain of salt 

Bc this is more 

Or less your first rodeo 

Every time is 

I’m like a con artist in that way 

I have no idea what im doing 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback Notes On Theo and Lou's Writings

google.com and Love In The Time Of Art Basel  by Theo Thimo I read some of your posts I liked the one about how much everyone likes you  Th...